Hulkamania & Design: Dan Mall
- When? 11.15.12 @ 6:00pm
- Where? Everbank Center directions
- Type? Local Chapter Event
- Cost? $30 Member / $40 Non-member / $25 Student (Preregister Online and Save: $20 Member / $30 Non-Member / $15 Student — Online cutoff at noon on Nov. 15th)
WE WELCOME GUEST SPEAKER, DAN MALL
Join us Thursday, November 15th as we welcome guest speaker Dan Mall. We will be kicking things off at 6:00 PM with a cocktail hour and catering provided by Character Counts , with Dan Mall taking the stage at 7:00 PM for his talk: Hulkamania & Design.
ABOUT THE PRESENTATION
Hulk Hogan is the greatest wrestler that has ever lived. He taught us more about being great designers than we might realize.
ABOUT OUR SPEAKER
DAN MALL is an award-winning art director and designer. Having worked with clients like ESPN, Kraft, Apple, Google, Microsoft, GE, Crayola, Lucasfilm, The Mozilla Foundation, Thomson Reuters, and The Sherwin-Williams Company, Dan has a passion for playing matchmaker between surprising art direction and intuitive interaction design.
In addition to his work, Dan takes pride in his ability to articulate and communicate ideas. He has written for notable publications like A List Apart and .NET Magazine. Right at home in front of a number of audiences, Dan has led client meetings, training sessions and workshops, and presentations to large groups at conferences like SXSW, New Adventures, An Event Apart
Dan is the Founder and Design Director at SuperFriendly, where he and his team defeat apathy and the forces of evil with heroic creative direction, design, & strategy. He is enthralled with his wife Emily and their daughter Siddalee, co-founded Typedia, and plays keyboards for contemporary-Christian band Four24. He was formerly Design Director at Big Spaceship, Interactive Director at Happy Cog, and a technical editor for A List Apart.
ABOUT OUR SPONSOR
MODIS is one of the most highly respected IT staffing and solutions firms in the world, in part, because they take the time to understand the needs of their consultants and clients to make the right connections. Their reputation makes their consultants the most sought after in the industry and allows Modis to place them on some of the very best projects.
• Experienced recruiters who specialize in IT and understand your skill sets
• In-depth interviews that focus on your career goals
• Relationships with the top organizations in every market
• A robust training program offering thousands of online courses
Modis understands that you know where you want your career to go. Let them help you get there. Visit modis.com to learn more.
ALSO LOOK FOR CATERING PROVIDED BY
CHARACTER COUNTS! in Jacksonville is pleased to be providing the tasty treats for this event. Our social enterprise, Conscious Eats, employs ex-felons working to recreate their lives after prison. Not only do we create conscious food, we invest in conscious lives!
Jobs Available more
- Marketing and Business Development Manager (The Suddath Companies)
- Graphic Design/Marketing Specialist (Stellar)
- Production Artists Needed (Agency a la Carte)
- Graphics Technician (Corys Thunder, Inc)
- Communications Coordinator (Shands Jacksonville )